Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 860 Collection of documents concerning inheritance
TitleCollection of documents concerning inheritance
- Cattanei family
Other related names
- Cattaneus, Silvester, former owner
- Martini, Giuseppe, 1870-1944, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 860
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3178050
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Copies of the will of Domina Georgeta, daughter of Marco Centurioni and widow of Jeronimo Cattanei, and legal proceedings about the inheritance, involving primarily her grandson Silvester Cattanei and Isoltina, his brother Jeronimo's widow, dated 1548-1549, notarized by various officials of Genoa, with some earlier documents interspersed (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger; attribution from Zacour-Hirsch.
- Incipit (1st document): In nomine Domini Amen. Cum nil sit certius morte nil vero incertius hora ipsius quae in animo cuius libet...
- Notarial signatures, but no signets, follow most of the documents.
Extent46 leaves : 205 x 149 (174 x 118) mm. bound to 210 x 152 mm
FoliationParchment, i (contemporary paper) + 46 + i (contemporary paper); [1-46]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingModern paper boards.
- Formerly owned by Giuseppe Martini (Kraus' description) and Silvester Cattaneus (inscription, front flyleaf i recto).
- Sold by H. P. Kraus (Cat. 189, no. 41), April 1958.
- Inheritance and succession--Early works to 1800
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
1557_0001.tif (66.3 MB)
1557_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
1557_0001_web.jpg (197.2 KB)