Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 868 Book of deeds to various territorial acquisitions
TitleBook of deeds to various territorial acquisitions
Other related names
- Morbio, Carlo, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 868
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3178063
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin and Italian
A collection of copies of deeds to territory in Moncelese or Catastico within the Venetian territories, dated from 1508 to 1631 and accompanied by various notarial signatures and signets. Preceded by a table of contents.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- The first copy in the collection is dated 1598, but the collection does not progress in chronological order, ranging back to 1508.
Extent89 leaves : 261 x 193 (203 x 135) mm. bound to 274 x 196 mm
FoliationParchment, i (contemporary paper) + 87 + i (contemporary paper); [ii], 1, 1-83, ; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
Binding17th-century morocco, gilt stamped.
- Formerly in the collection of the Morbio Library (Rosenthal).
- Sold by Jacques Rosenthal (Munich), 1959.
- Legal documents
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- fol. 1r — Decorated initial, Initial I, f. 1r
Inside front cover
1565_0001.tif (53.7 MB)
1565_0001_thumb.jpg (3.5 KB)
1565_0001_web.jpg (296.5 KB)
1565_0008.tif (53.7 MB)
1565_0008_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
1565_0008_web.jpg (298.5 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial I, f. 1r