Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 168 Four sonnets :
TitleFour sonnets :
- Tassoni, Alessandro, 1565-1635
Call numberMs. Coll. 168
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580948
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Four sonnets by Alessandro Tassoni. Two of the sonnets are addressed to the singer Anna Caterina. These two leaves are numbered 418 and 653. The other two sonnets do not have titles or named addressees. They are written on a single bifolium folded into two folios, numbered 654 and 655.
- Attribution taken from Zacour-Hirsch Catalogue.
- Incipit of item 418: O qual di saggio dar, Anna gentile ... (This sonnet does not have a title).
- Title and incipit of item 653: Alla inf[ante?] Anna Caterina cantatrice sonetto. Trasmigrato d'Orfeo d'alto tenore ...
- Incipit of item 654: Vana belta piu non m'aletti ...
- Incipit of item 655: Hor che' n piu vaga, e piu leggiandra ...
- Modena[?], ca. 1600 (Zacour-Hirsch Catalogue).
- All items appear to be in a single cursive hand, possibly the author's autograph.
- In modern folder.
- Paper slightly brittle; edges fraying. A few stains and smudges. Some oxidation of ink.
- Laid in with these manuscripts were copies of a letter from Prof. Enzo Orvieto of the University of Pennsylvania Romance Languages Department, dated 1 March 1967, in which Prof. Orvieto states that he has obtained xerox copies of these items and is studying them for research and possible publication.
Extent3 28 cm
Foliation418, 653, 654-655; contemporary arabic numerals, upper right recto. These leaves were originally part of a large collection.
- Provenance: Casa Altoviti.
- Accessioned, 1961.
- Italian literature--16th century
- Italian poetry--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European