Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1002 Tattvaviveka / तत्त्वविवेक
TitleTattvaviveka / तत्त्वविवेक
Other related names
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1002
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962878673503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary on Padmapādācārya's Pañcapādikā, an early, foundational work of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy.
- Title from colophon (f. 30r).
- Written in 13 lines per leaf.
- 30 leaves foliated 1-30, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (30 leaves) : 12 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācāryaśrījagannāthāśramapūjyayādaśiṣyaśrīmadvedāṃtasiddhāṃtasārābhijñanṛsiṃhāśramamunipraṇīte tattvaviveke dvitīyaḥ parichedaḥ // samāptaścāyaṃ tatvaviekaḥ // (f. 30r).
- Formerly owned by Janārdan Koṇḍadeva (f. 30r). This owner is from the village of Gāḍagī (or Gāḍgīlāya) possibly in present day Jarakhand, India (f. 30r); the item is written by the same scribe as Item 845, Item 930, Item 931, Item 932, Item 934, and Item 2387.
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1002: Tattvaviveka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.