Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya.
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6298779
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and contains two commentaries. The main text is the Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya by Śaṇkarācārya, while the second text, the Bhāṣyaratnaprabhā by Govindānanda, is a super-commentary of the former. The main text by Śaṇkarācārya is itself is a commentary on the ancient Brahmasūtra. All of these Hindu commentaries are from the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy. The super-commentary runs horizontally above and below the main text.
- Title from colophon (f. 123v); title of super-commentary Bhāṣyaratnaprabhā from commentary colophon (f. 123v); alternate titles of super-commentary, Śārīrakamīmāṃsāvyākhyāyā and Śārīrakabhagavatpādabhāṣyavibhāga, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10-21 lines per leaf.
- 123 leaves foliated 1-123, upper right verso.
- Colophon (commentary): iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācārya śrīgoviṃdānaṃdabhagavatkṛtau śārīraka[mīmāṃsā]vyākhyāyāṃ bhāṣyaratnaprabhāyāṃ tṛtīyādhyāyasya caturthaḥ pādaḥ // tṛtīyādhyāyaḥ samāptaḥ // śrīśaṃkarācāryebhyo namaḥ // (f. 123v).
- Manuscript was part of a larger work along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1010.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 17 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon (commentary): iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācārya śrīgoviṃdānaṃdabhagavatkṛtau śārīraka[mīmāṃsā]vyākhyāyāṃ bhāṣyaratnaprabhāyāṃ tṛtīyādhyāyasya caturthaḥ pādaḥ // tṛtīyādhyāyaḥ samāptaḥ // śrīśaṃkarācāryebhyo namaḥ // (f. 123v).
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century