Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1010 Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya. / शारीरकमीमांसाभाष्य
TitleŚārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya. / शारीरकमीमांसाभाष्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1010
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962991713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and contains two commentaries. The main text is the Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya by Śaṇkarācārya, while the second text, the Bhāṣyaratnaprabhā by Govindānanda, is a super-commentary of the former. The main text by Śaṇkarācārya is itself is a commentary on the ancient Brahmasūtra. All of these Hindu commentaries are from the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy. The super-commentary runs horizontally above and below the main text.
- Title from colophon (f. 44r); title of super-commentary Bhāṣyaratnaprabhā from commentary colophon (f. 44r); alternate titles of super-commentary, Śārīrakamīmāṃsāvyākhyāyā and Śārīrakabhagavatpādabhāṣyavibhāga, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 12-21 lines per leaf.
- 44 leaves foliated 1-44, upper right verso.
- Colophon (commentary): iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācārya śrīgopalasarasvatīpūjyapādaśiṣya śrīgoviṃdānaṃdabhagavatkṛtau śārīrakamīmāṃsāvyākhyāyāṃ bhāṣyaratnaprabhāyāṃ caturthādhyāyasya caturthaḥ pādaḥ // (f. 44r).
- Manuscript was part of a larger work along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1009.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (44 leaves) : 17 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon (commentary): iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācārya śrīgopalasarasvatīpūjyapādaśiṣya śrīgoviṃdānaṃdabhagavatkṛtau śārīrakamīmāṃsāvyākhyāyāṃ bhāṣyaratnaprabhāyāṃ caturthādhyāyasya caturthaḥ pādaḥ // (f. 44r).
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1010: Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.