Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Pañcakośaviveka
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6780897
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy titled Treatise on the discrimination of the five sheaths, which are considered different layers of reality, written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the root text.
- Title supplied by cataloger; title of commentary the Mahābhūtaviveka of the Tātparyabodhinī from colophon (f. 10r); alternate name of commentary Pañcadaśīprakāśikā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Dated after 1842 based on a watermark (f. 8).
- Watermarks of the date 1842 and a company name, possibly Lumsden, and the Britannia coat of arms.
Extent1 14 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīpatparamahaṃsaparivājakācārya śrī bhāratītIrthavidyāraṇyamunīśvaraśiṣyeṇarāmakṛṣṇākhyena viduṣāviracitāmahābhūtavivekasyatātparyasya dīpikā samāptā // 2 // rāmakṛṣṇa rāmakṛṣṇa rāmakṛṣṇa (f. 10r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century