Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1027 Taittirīyakavārttika ṭīkā / तैत्तिरीयकवार्त्तिक टीका
TitleTaittirīyakavārttika ṭīkā / तैत्तिरीयकवार्त्तिक टीका
- Ānandagiri, active 13th century
Other related names
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1027
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963140453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for study and consultation and is a commentary (ṭīkā) on the critical glossary by Sureśvarācārya on Śaṅkarācārya's treatise and commentary on the Taittirīyopaniṣad, exploring themes of the universal Self and its relationship to the underlying principles of existence such as the abstract concept of the brahman as well as discussion of social structure. Text is derived from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy.
- Title from colophon (f. 61r).
- Written in 14-16 lines per leaf.
- 61 leaves foliated 1-61, upper left and lower right verso.
- Manuscript was formerly part of a larger manuscript along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1028.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout, especially to highlight terms of the glossary; triple red line marks the vertical margins on several folios.
Extent1 item (61 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācāryasyaśrīśuddhānaṃdapūjyapādaśiṣyasya bhagavadānaṃdajñānasya viracitā taittirīyakavārttikaṭIkāsamāptā // śrīnārāyaṇārpaṇam astu śrīrām śrīkṛṣṇa śrīvāsūdeva śrīrāṃ janārdanakoṃḍadevagāḍagīlayāṃce pustaka // śrīvāsudevāyanamaḥ // (f. 61r).
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva of the village of Gāḍagī in present day Jarakhand, India (f. 61r).
- Sanskrit language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1027: Taittirīyakavārttika ṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.