Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1029 Pañcapādikā. / पञ्चपादिका
TitlePañcapādikā. / पञ्चपादिका
- Padmapādācārya, active 8th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1029
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963142283503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dual) Vedānta school of philosophy. The work is a commentary on the Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya (also known as the Brahmasūtrabhāṣya) by Śaṅkarācārya, the author's teacher, which is itself a commentary on the Brahmasūtra by Bādarāyaṇa.
- Title from colophon (f. 11v).
- Written in 14-22 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-8, 10-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout. Final two folios (f. 10-11) are on different sized paper, possibly with a different scribal hand.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti paṃcapādikāyāṃ vṛṭīyaṃ varṇakaṃ // (f. 11v).
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1029: Pañcapādikā. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
fol. 10v [=9v]-11r [=10r
3388_0009.tif (97.1 MB)
3388_0009_thumb.jpg (8.9 KB)
3388_0009_web.jpg (617.4 KB)