Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1033 Citradīpa / चित्रदीप
TitleCitradīpa / चित्रदीप
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1033
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963172013503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy whose title is translated as Light on painting; compares the creation of the universe with that of a painting, written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the main root text.
- Title from final page (f. 23v); commentary title Tātparyabodhinī supplied by cataloger; alternate commentary title Pañcadaśīprakāśikā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 13-16 lines per leaf.
- 23 leaves foliated 1-23, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Manuscript was formerly part of a larger manuscript along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1030, Item 1031, and Item 1032.
Extent1 item (23 leaves) : 13 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti citradīpākhyaprakaraṇaṃsamāptaṃ (f. 23v).
- Art and philosophy--India
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1033: Citradīpa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.