Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1041 Brahmānanda. / ब्रह्मानन्द
TitleBrahmānanda. / ब्रह्मानन्द
- Mādhava, -1386
Other related names
- Nārāyaṇa, scribe
- Raṅganātha Marāṭhe (Son of Mayūreśvara), former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1041
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963172623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy whose title is translated Bliss of the brahman, title of its first section translated as Bliss of yoga; written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the main root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 19r); commentary title Tātparyabodhinī supplied by cataloger; alternate commentary title Pañcadaśīprakāśikā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 19 leaves foliated 1-19, upper left verso.
- Manuscript was formerly part of a larger manuscript along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1034, Item 1035, Item 1036, Item 1037, Item 1038, Item 1039, Item 1040, Item 1042, Item 1043, Item 1044, and Item 1045.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Watermarks on all folios, including a horse and various parts of words and letters.
- Dated śaka 1766 (1844) (Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1045, f. 3r).
- Scribe is Nārāyaṇa (Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1035, f. 3r).
Extent1 item (19 leaves) : 14 x 32 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vidyāraṇyamunikṛte brahmānaṃdayogānaṃdonāmaprathamo 'dhyāyaḥ // (f. 19r).
- Formerly owned by Raṅganātha Marāṭhe, son of Mayūreśvara (colophon, Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1045, f. 3r).
- Yoga--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1041: Brahmānanda. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.