Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1141 Dr̥gdr̥śyaviveka ṭīkā / दृग्दृश्यविवेक टीका
TitleDr̥gdr̥śyaviveka ṭīkā / दृग्दृश्यविवेक टीका
- Ramacandra Tīrtha
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1141
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963243763503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study and recitation and is a commentary (tīkā) on Śaṅkarācārya's Vākyasudhā (also known as Dr̥gdr̥śyaviveka), which is a short philosophical synopsis highlighting Śaṅkarācārya's main teachings, such as his ideas about perception of the Self (ātman) and its relationship to consciousness and the manifestation of emotions, desires and the like. Śaṅkarācārya's root text is interspersed throughout the commentary and is highlighted in red to distinguish it from the main commentary.
- Title from colophon (f. 40v).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 40 leaves foliated 1-40, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; phrases of root text and colophon highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (40 leaves) : 12 x 20 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrImacchaṃkarācāryakṛtadṛgdṛśyaprkaraṇo pari śrīrāmacaṃdratīrthaviracitāṭīkāsamāptaṃ // śrī saccidānaṃdārpaṇam astu // (f. 40v).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1141: Dr̥gdr̥śyaviveka ṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.