Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1182 Nārāyaṇa upaniṣad / नारायण उपनिषद्
TitleNārāyaṇa upaniṣad / नारायण उपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1182
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963569833503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a late Vedic philosophical treatise dedicated to the philosophy, rites, and sociological aspects associated with the Hindu deity Nārāyaṇa and containing mantras for the purpose of praising him.
- Title from title page (f. 1r); alternate title Mahānārāyaṇopaniṣad supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 5-7 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse dividers in red throughout; metrical accents in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 10 x 18 cm
- Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1182: Nārāyaṇa upaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.