Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1205 Collection of late Vedic upaniṣads and rituals
TitleCollection of late Vedic upaniṣads and rituals
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1205
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963701953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of late Vedic and possibly medieval upaniṣads which have a philosophical tone and often are couched in narrative, preceded by a work of Vedic ritual instruction.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 17-20 lines per leaf.
- 71 leaves foliated 1-71, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; few corrections or additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; manuscript is oriented in a portrait rather than landscape format and was previously bound at the top with cord or string, giving the impression of a notebook.
Extent1 item (71 leaves) : 13 x 24 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1205: Collection of late Vedic upaniṣads and rituals are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.