Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Garbhopaniṣad
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6370363
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a Hindu philosophical treatise, the Womb upaniṣad, dealing with the nature and physiology of the human body, its origin, and the nature of selfhood.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins, upper left verso.
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red.
Extent1 11 x 21 cm
- Human body--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century