Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Śukrāstapūjāvidhi
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5849777
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript employed as an instruction manual for performing Hindu rites of pūjā (worship) with food offerings and setting up images during the end of the month of Śukra (May/June), when the planet Venus is in transition, in order to alleviate or atone (prāyaścitta) the inauspicious and negative qualities associated with this period.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 14-16 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 10 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śukrāstapūjāvidhiḥ samāptaḥ // (f. 2v).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Idols and images--India--Religious aspects
- Food--India--Religious aspects
- Atonement--Religious aspects
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century