Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Rāmagītā
Other related names
- Mahīdhara, commentator for written text
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5723603
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Text from the last section (uttarakāṇḍa) of the Adhyātmarāmāyaṇa, chapter five, a conversation between Rāma and his brother Lakṣmaṇa where Rāma propounds the merits of knowledge of the Self (ātman) over that of action (karma); contains a Sanskrit commentary (ṭīkā) and gloss by Mahīdhara, running in succession after each verse of the main Sanskrit text.
- Title from colophon (f. 16v); commentary title Rāmagītā ṭīkā from colophon (f. 16v); title Rāmagītāvivṛti, referring to gloss by Mahīdhara, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1694 (1772) (f. 16v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 13 x 29 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmahīdharaviracitārāmagītākhyāṃṭīkāṃ śubhaṃ ca kraṃ vittirāmagītāsaṃpūrṇaḥ // śake 1694 // śrāvaṇavadya // 10 // samāpta (f. 16v).
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Lakṣmaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century