Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Baudhāyanavihārakārikā
Other related names
- Sadāśiva (Son of Kāśinātha), scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6391574
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Short extract from a larger compilation of the Vihārasūtra by Baudhāyana, dealing with domestic rites and ceremonies, expelling evil, and averting bad omens, through the propitiation of Vedic gods.
- Title from colophon (f. 3v).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1728 (1806) (f. 3v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Manuscript is part of a group of manuscripts written by or under the direction of Sadāśiva, along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1276, Item 1279, Item 1280, Item 1282, Item 1283, Item 1284, Item 1285, Item 1286, Item 1287, Item 1288, Item 1289, Item 1292, Item 1293, Item 1294, Item 1295, Item 1296, Item 1297, Item 1298, Item 1299, and Item 1300.
- Scribe is Sadāśiva, son of Kāśinātha (f. 3v).
Extent1 11 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti baudhāyanavihārakārikāsamāptaḥ // (f. 3v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Gods, Vedic
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century