Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Paśubandhaprayoga
Other related names
- Kāśinātha, scribe
- Sadāśiva (Son of Kāśinātha), associated name
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6391874
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Selections from Baudhāyana's Prayogasāra, and is a collection of rules and regulations (dharma or Hindu law) containing Vedic rites for use by Hotṛ priests; work is especially concerned with the sacrifice of domestic animals (paśu).
- Title from colophon (f. 11r); alternate title Baudhāyanīyaśuprayoga, from title page (f. 12v).
- Written in 11-15 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1683 (1761) (f. 11r).
- Scribe is Kāśinātha, father of Sadāśiva (f. 11r), a prolific scribe associated with many manuscripts in Ms. Coll. 390, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line; title page borders marked with double red line (f. 1r, 12v).
- Manuscript is part of a group of manuscripts written by or under the direction of Sadāśiva, along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1276, Item 1279, Item 1280, Item 1281, Item 1282, Item 1283, Item 1284, Item 1285, Item 1286, Item 1287, Item 1288, Item 1289, Item 1292, Item 1293, Item 1294, Item 1295, Item 1297, Item 1298, Item 1299, and Item 1300.
Extent1 10 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti nirū[?]paśubaṃdhaprayogaḥ // (f. 11r).
- Animal sacrifice--Religious aspects--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Hinduism--Rituals--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century