Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1301 Praṇamyakāṭhaka agni kramapaddhati / प्रणम्यकाठक अग्निक्रमपद्धति
TitlePraṇamyakāṭhaka agni kramapaddhati / प्रणम्यकाठक अग्निक्रमपद्धति
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1301
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963923243503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Possibly a section from Baudhāyana's Prayogasāra and is a collection of rules and regulations (dharma or Hindu law) containing Vedic rites for use by Hotṛ priests in Śrauta rituals, specifically rites for making votive offerings during ritual and ceremonial observances.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate title Baudhāyanakāṭhaka agnikramapaddhati supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 11 x 27 cm
- Votive offerings--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1301: Praṇamyakāṭhaka agni kramapaddhati are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.