Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1303 Bhārūṇasāma / भारूणसाम
TitleBhārūṇasāma / भारूणसाम
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1303
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963925893503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Fragment or reference to larger ritual manual (with rules, laws, etc.), with numbers written in red above the verses which are often separated by further numbering in black to aid in the performance and employment of the verses. Verses appear to be from the Ṛgveda, possibly for use in a rite of praise to the Vedic god Sūrya (the sun) or other gods.
- Title from colophon (f. 1r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: bhārūṇasāmaḥ // (f. 1r).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Sūrya (Hindu deity)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1303: Bhārūṇasāma are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.