Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Bhārūṇasāma
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6392589
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Fragment or reference to larger ritual manual (with rules, laws, etc.), with numbers written in red above the verses which are often separated by further numbering in black to aid in the performance and employment of the verses. Verses appear to be from the Ṛgveda, possibly for use in a rite of praise to the Vedic god Sūrya (the sun) or other gods.
- Title from colophon (f. 1r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: bhārūṇasāmaḥ // (f. 1r).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Sūrya (Hindu deity)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century