Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1321 Pavitreṣṭiprayoga / पवित्रेष्टिप्रयोग
TitlePavitreṣṭiprayoga / पवित्रेष्टिप्रयोग
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1321
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963978983503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual for performing rites related to the Vedic fire sacrifice, including the associated, rules, dharma, and laws, for use by a priest. Work is a prayaścita, a name also referring to the rite meant to help purify someone after making a miscalculation or other incursion.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pavitreṣṭiprayogaḥ // (f. 2v).
- Purity, Ritual--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Hinduism--Rituals--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1321: Pavitreṣṭiprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.