Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1336 Adbhutaśānti / अद्भुतशान्ति
TitleAdbhutaśānti / अद्भुतशान्ति
Other related names
- Bhāskara Dāḍekara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1336
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963979713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is attributed to the Baudhāyanasūtra of Baudhāyana and is a manual including rules, laws, and procedures according to the Atharvaveda tradition that are to be employed at the time of natural disasters such as earthquakes.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Bhāskara Dāḍekara (f. 2v).
- Dated śaka 1725 (1805) (f. 2v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti baudhāyanasūtre adbhutaśāṃtiḥ // (f. 2v).
- Earthquakes--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1336: Adbhutaśānti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.