Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Śāntipaddhati
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6397992
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manual including procedures, laws according to dharma, and mantras for recitation; is a collection of pacifying formulas for use in Vedic rites and ceremonies. Work was previously part of a larger manuscript.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out.
Extent1 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: śāṃtipaṭhitvā // iti baliḥ // (f. 4v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century