Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1340 Mṛtyuñjayajapavidhāṇa / मृत्युञ्जयजपविधाण
TitleMṛtyuñjayajapavidhāṇa / मृत्युञ्जयजपविधाण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1340
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963982913503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript contains a collection of mantras employed, especially for recitation, in rites for purifying oneself from past actions (karma) and overcoming ultimate death; especially associated with Śiva. Manuscript was originally part of a larger collection of ritual texts.
- Title from colophon (f. 3v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some additions and corrections in margins.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 21 x 10 cm
ColophonColophon: iti mṛtyuṃjayajapavidhānaṃsamāptaṃ (f. 3v).
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Mṛtyuñjaya homa
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1340: Mṛtyuñjayajapavidhāṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.