Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1352 Pavamānahomavidhi / पवमानहोमविधि
TitlePavamānahomavidhi / पवमानहोमविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1352
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963983133503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual guiding a priest in the rules and laws of dharma associated with the Vedic fire rites (homa) associated with this sacrifice to Pavamāna, an agent of purification, usually associated with the Vedic god and drug known as Soma.
- Title from colophon; alternate title Pavamānahomaprayoga from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 9 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śaunakoktaḥ pavamānahomavidhiḥ // (f. 7).
- Homa (Rite)
- Fire--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Soma (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1352: Pavamānahomavidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.