Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1355 Praise of Indra
TitlePraise of Indra
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1355
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963983383503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Hymns from the Ṛgveda, with metrical accents for recitation and use in Vedic rites and ceremonies, celebrating and praising the Vedic deity Indra, such as his defeat of the serpent Vṛtra.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Watermark of a partial shield-crest with the letters E, I, and C within the three lower quadrants.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 12 x 19 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Indra (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1355: Praise of Indra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.