Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Gāyatrījapanityavidhi
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6409241
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Guide including rules and laws of dharma associated with the daily ritual routine of reciting Vedic mantras and verses set in the gāyatrī meter but here directed to non-Vedic deities such as the elephant-head Gaṇeśa and others. Gāyatrī is also personified as a Hindu goddess.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out.
Extent1 11 x 15 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vaidikamārgeṇagāyatrījapanityavidhiḥ // (f. 2v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Gāyatrī (Hindu deity)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century