Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1365 Gāyatrījapanityavidhi / गायत्रीजपनित्यविधि
TitleGāyatrījapanityavidhi / गायत्रीजपनित्यविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1365
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964092413503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Guide including rules and laws of dharma associated with the daily ritual routine of reciting Vedic mantras and verses set in the gāyatrī meter but here directed to non-Vedic deities such as the elephant-head Gaṇeśa and others. Gāyatrī is also personified as a Hindu goddess.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 15 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vaidikamārgeṇagāyatrījapanityavidhiḥ // (f. 2v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Gāyatrī (Hindu deity)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1365: Gāyatrījapanityavidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.