Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Vaiśvadeva
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6406191
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Guide with associated rules and laws of dharma for rites, prayers, and mantras for offerings and sacrifice to the Vedic gods; connected to or once part of the Agnihotra (fire sacrifice) and homa rites; the rites are identical to the Devayajña. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 10 x 22 cm
- Homa (Rite)
- Agnihotra (Hindu rite)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century