Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Yajñopavītavidhi
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6406192
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a manual or guide giving an overview of the regulations (Hindu laws) governing the performance of the sacred thread ceremony according to Vedic tradition.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 13 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 12 x 17 cm
- Sacred thread ceremony
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century