Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Navagrahamantra
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6406379
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Collection of Vedic and other mantras (words or phrases of power) employed in rites and for recitation to praise and honor the nine planets (navagraha) in the Hindu astrological system and to enlist their power to remove challenges and obstacles from life.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 2-6, even numbers only, lower right verso.
- Incipit: śrīgaṇeṣāyanamaḥ // ākṛṣṇeṃnāṃgirasohiraṇyastūpasavitātriṣṭup // (f. 1r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents marked in red; double red lines across top of manuscript on verso side of each folio.
Extent1 13 x 17 cm
- Planets--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu astrology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century