Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1372 Anantapūjā / अनन्तपूजा
TitleAnantapūjā / अनन्तपूजा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1372
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9954112163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ritual (pūjā) performed for personal and worldly benefit; dedicated to the Hindu deity Viṣṇu in the form of Ananta and propitiates and praises other deities such as Yamunā and Indra; includes hymns to these deities, breath exercises, etc; possibly connected to the Padmapurāṇa (f. 3v).
- Title from colophon (f. 42v).
- Written in 6 lines per leaf.
- 42 leaves foliated 1-42, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in white or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (42 leaves) : 9 x 14 cm
ColophonColophon: iti anaṃtapūjāsamāptāḥ// śubhaṃbhavatū // śrī // ra // stu // (f. 42v).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mythology
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1372: Anantapūjā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.