Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1378 Yajñopavītadhāraṇa / यज्ञोपवीतधारण
TitleYajñopavītadhāraṇa / यज्ञोपवीतधारण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1378
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964092473503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual including rules and laws of dharma related to the sacred thread ceremony, a Vedic rite of passage for young boys of the top three castes, allowing them to participate in the performance and reading of Vedic rites and ceremonies.
- Title from text (f. 1r).
- Written in 6-7 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 10 x 15 cm
- Sacred thread ceremony
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1378: Yajñopavītadhāraṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.