Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Kūpaśāntividhi
Other related names
- Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6412922
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manual with the associated rules and laws (dharma) for building structures related to water such as wells, ponds, and tanks and for appeasing Varūṇa, the Vedic deity presiding over water, as well as abiding spirits.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1707 (1785) (f. 2v).
- Mistakes blacked out; metrical accents to aid in recitation through part of manuscript (f. 2r); vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Scribe is Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara (f. 2v).
Extent1 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti baudhāyanoktaṃ kūpaśāṃtividhiḥ // (f. 2v).
- Varun̥a (Hindu deity)
- Wells--Religious aspects--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Hinduism--Rituals--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century