Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1399 Kūpaśāntividhi / कूपशान्तिविधि
TitleKūpaśāntividhi / कूपशान्तिविधि
Other related names
- Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1399
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964129223503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual with the associated rules and laws (dharma) for building structures related to water such as wells, ponds, and tanks and for appeasing Varūṇa, the Vedic deity presiding over water, as well as abiding spirits.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1707 (1785) (f. 2v).
- Mistakes blacked out; metrical accents to aid in recitation through part of manuscript (f. 2r); vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Scribe is Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara (f. 2v).
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti baudhāyanoktaṃ kūpaśāṃtividhiḥ // (f. 2v).
- Varun̥a (Hindu deity)
- Wells--Religious aspects--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Hinduism--Rituals--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1399: Kūpaśāntividhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.