Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Vaṭodyāpanaprayoga
Other related names
- Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6412925
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) for performing rites constructing banks of earth around a banyan or vaṭa tree (Ficus benghalensis) at the end of a larger observance of rites.
- Title from colophon (f. 9r).
- Scribe is Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara (f. 20r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1716 (1794) (f. 9v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Partial watermark of a commercial design that looks like the crest or base of a coat of arms with the initials A and G.
Extent1 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vaṭodyāpanaprayogaḥ // (f. 9r).
- Banyan tree--Religious aspects--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Tree worship--India--Early works to 1800
- Hinduism--Rituals--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century