Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Caṇḍīpāṭaprayoga
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6412928
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma), presented as a discourse of the Hindu deity Śiva, outlining the procedures for performing rites and ceremonies for, and the associated spiritual benefits of, honoring and worshiping the goddess Caṇḍī.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 29 leaves foliated 1-29, upper left and lower right verso.
- Incipit: śrīgaṇeśāya namaḥ // oṃ namaścaṃḍikāyai // atha caṃḍīpāṭaprayogāḥ likhyaṃte // śiva uvāca // (f. 1v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 10 x 21 cm
- Caṇḍi (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century