Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Janmāṣṭamīvratakathā
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5779296
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Observances (vrata), rites, and worship (pūjā) performed during the month of Bhādrapada (August-September) in honor of the supposed birthday of the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa. Additional foliation (f. 122-129) suggests that it was part of a larger manuscript and was likely housed with similar texts; Item 1460 was very likely housed with this manuscript and created by the same scribe. Possibly a larger work containing different vratas was separated to be more profitable.
- Title from colophon (f. 8v).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe janmāṣṭamīvratakathāsaṃpūrṇāṃ (f. 8v).
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century