Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Ārādhanaprayoga
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6415781
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) for performing the worship (ārādhana) of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 12-14 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated [i-iv].
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; significant words, phrases, or numbers highlighted in red throughout; metrical accents in red through part of manuscript; large hole caused by rodent through entire manuscript.
- Text oriented parallel to the narrow dimension of the leaves.
Extent1 11 x 13 cm
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century