Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1471 Ārādhanaprayoga / आराधनप्रयोग
TitleĀrādhanaprayoga / आराधनप्रयोग
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1471
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964157813503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) for performing the worship (ārādhana) of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 12-14 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated [i-iv].
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; significant words, phrases, or numbers highlighted in red throughout; metrical accents in red through part of manuscript; large hole caused by rodent through entire manuscript.
- Text oriented parallel to the narrow dimension of the leaves.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 13 cm
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1471: Ārādhanaprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.