Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Gaṅgāthanātaraṃga
- Bālakavi (Son of Ācāramayūrapaṇḍita)
Other related names
- Parokpāra, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6755212
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Devotional text dedicated to the goddess Gaṅgā as well as to the Ganges river. The title of the work should likely be Gaṅgāyanātaranṃga.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r); alternate title Gaṅgāyanātaranṃga supplied by cataloger..
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Scribe is Parokpāra (f. 5r).
Extent1 11 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadācāryamayūrapaṃḍitājanusūnubālakaviracito gaṃgāthanātaraṃgaḥ śivāya bhūyā[t] // 5 // parokpāre[ṇa] likhitaṃ // (f. 5r).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Gaṅgā (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century