Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1517 Naiṣadhacarita. / नैषधचरित
TitleNaiṣadhacarita. / नैषधचरित
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1517
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964459633503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is the first section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits. Manuscript is incomplete, containing only verses 1-103.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins throughout.
- Written in 7-9 lines per leaf.
- 14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins..
Extent1 item (14 leaves) : 11 x 23 cm
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Hindu mythology
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1517: Naiṣadhacarita. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.