Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Subhāṣitasuradruma.
- Basavaraja, King of Keladi, approximately 1684-approximately 1745
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6780900
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Poetic and mythological sayings and maxims compiled as a repository of ethical and political guidance and instructions for making good decisions through poetry and Hindu mythology. Manuscript is comprised of the first and the beginning of the second part of the fourth section (skandha) of this work.
- Title from colophon (f. 8r).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 13 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sūbhāṣitasūradrume caturthaskaṃdhe jagadvaicitryaciṃtānāmaprathamastavakaḥ // (f. 8r).
- Hindu mythology
- Maxims, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century