Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Nalodaya.
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6755379
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Poem dealing with Sanskrit poetics and the life of the king Nala, a character from the Mahābhārata. An unidentified commentary runs parallel above and below the root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 18r); title of commentary Nalodayaṭīkā from colophon (f. 18r).
- Written in 5-11 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 12 x 33 cm
ColophonColophon: iti bhāvakālidāsakṛtau nalodaye māhākāvye dvitIyāśvāsaḥ samāptim agamat // (f. 18r).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Sanskrit poetry
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century