Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1528 Raghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
TitleRaghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1528
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967554623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important as a mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Manuscript contains the commentary by Mallinātha running parallel above and below the root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 33r).
- Written in 5-9 lines per leaf.
- 33 leaves foliated 1-33, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (33 leaves) : 12 x 32 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīpadavāvyapramāṇaparāvarīṇamahopādhyāya kolācalamachināthasūriviracitāyāṃ raghuvaṃśasamākhyāyāṃ saṃjīvagnīvagnIsamākhyāyāṃ dvitIyasargaḥ // (f. 33r).
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1528: Raghuvaṃśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.