Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Naiṣadhīyacarita.
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6755670
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is part (up to verse 33) of the thirteenth section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits. An unidentified commentary runs parallel above and below the root text
- Title supplied by cataloger; title of commentary Naiṣadhṭīkā from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-14 lines per leaf.
- 19 leaves foliated 1-19, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Watermarks of multiple coats of arms, Britannia and others, a personal name or name of a company, and the date 1874.
- Dated after 1874, based on a watermark.
Extent1 13 x 25 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century