Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1544 Naiṣadhīyacarita. / नैषधचरित
TitleNaiṣadhīyacarita. / नैषधचरित
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1544
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967556703503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is part (up to verse 33) of the thirteenth section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits. An unidentified commentary runs parallel above and below the root text
- Title supplied by cataloger; title of commentary Naiṣadhṭīkā from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-14 lines per leaf.
- 19 leaves foliated 1-19, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Watermarks of multiple coats of arms, Britannia and others, a personal name or name of a company, and the date 1874.
- Dated after 1874, based on a watermark.
Extent1 item (19 leaves) : 13 x 25 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1544: Naiṣadhīyacarita. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.