Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Naiṣadhīyaprakāśa.
- Nārāyaṇa Bedarakara
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6716906
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is employed for recitation and consultation and presents a commentary on the Naiṣadhīyacarita, the well known Hindu epic love story as retold by Śrīharśa, about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī. Manuscript consists of the ninth section (sarga) of the commentary. Manuscript was part of a larger work that included Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1549.
- Title from colophon (f. 30r).
- Written in 12-20 lines per leaf.
- 30 leaves foliated 1-30, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red near the beginning and the end of the manuscript; vertical margins marked with double and quadruple black line through some parts of the manuscript.
Extent1 11 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībedarakaropanāmaśrīmannarasiṃhapaṃḍitātmajanārāyaṇakṛtau naiṣedhīyaprakāśe navamaḥ sargaḥ // (f. 30r).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century