Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Subhāṣita
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6755804
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Unidentified poetic work or poetic commentary dealing with mythological themes and with at least some verses (such as ajārajaḥ khararajas tathā saṃmārinīrahaḥ //) associated with the author Cāṇakya. May be a collection or anthology of poetic verses (ślokagrantha).
- Title from colophon (f. 73v).
- Written in 17-20 lines per leaf.
- 73 leaves foliated 1-73, upper center recto.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Manuscript and text are oriented in a portrait rather than landscape format.
Extent1 24 x 11 cm
ColophonColophon: iti subhāṣitaṃ samāptaṃ [śrīra]stu (f. 73v).
- Sanskrit poetry
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century