Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1554 Rāmāryā / रामार्या
TitleRāmāryā / रामार्या
- Mudgala Sūri
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1554
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967559653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Poem (kāvya) of 106 verses in āryā meter, praising the Hindu deity Rāma as the supreme lord of the universe and recounting his story, especially his prowess in archery.
- Title from marginal note (f. 1r); alternate title Rāmāryāśataka supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Archery in literature
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1554: Rāmāryā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.