Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Naiṣadhacarita.
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6756005
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is the third section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins throughout.
- Written in 17-18 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Watermarks of a coat of arms and another of a name or company name with the letters L and E in the middle.
Extent1 11 x 31 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century