Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Naiṣadha.
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6756011
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is the fifth section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from colophon (f. 12v).
- Written in 8-11 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 11 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīninaiṣadhe paṃcamasargaḥ // 66 // śrīkṛṣṇo jayati // (f. 12v).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century