Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1558 Naiṣadha. / नैषध
TitleNaiṣadha. / नैषध
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1558
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967560153503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is the first section and 30 verses of the second section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins throughout.
- Written in 7-10 lines per leaf.
- 24 leaves foliated 1-24, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins including commentary notes; vertical margins marked with double red line near end of manuscript. Floral pattern drawn on front cover (f. 1r).
Extent1 item (24 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1558: Naiṣadha. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 1r — Floral decoration, f. 1r
2120_0000.tif (43.5 MB)
2120_0000_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
2120_0000_web.jpg (321.2 KB)
Decoration: Floral decoration, f. 1r