Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Naiṣadha.
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6756015
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is the first section and 30 verses of the second section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins throughout.
- Written in 7-10 lines per leaf.
- 24 leaves foliated 1-24, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins including commentary notes; vertical margins marked with double red line near end of manuscript. Floral pattern drawn on front cover (f. 1r).
Extent1 10 x 21 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- fol. 1r — Floral decoration, f. 1r
2120_0000.tif (43.5 MB)
2120_0000_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
2120_0000_web.jpg (321.2 KB)
Decoration: Floral decoration, f. 1r